A crypto influencer collects US$100K for a fake scheme, then returns it
A crypto influencer named Fatman Terra pitched a fake investment scheme on Twitter, where he found willing investors instantly.
- “I received over a hundred direct messages in two hours,” he tweeted, saying that 99% of crypto projects are scams.
- The publisher reported that he had raised over US$100,000 using 3.45 BTC from Twitter and 2 BTC from Discord.
- Despite receiving money from the company, he said he refunded it all.
- “Cryptocurrencies make it far too easy for people to be scammed. “We need to change this,” he tweeted.
- His fake investment scheme did not provide a name for the fund, nor did he describe the trade or where the yield came from. Despite this, people still invested.
Use this link to sign up and start trading with 0% trading fees at Bitdenex Exchange