Bitcoin(BTC) and Ether(ETH) gain with most of crypto top 10; BNB slips, U.S. equities flat
Early morning Asian trading saw Bitcoin gain along with most other top 10 tokens by market capitalization, with Ether leading the charge. Overnight, U.S. stocks did not change much.
- The price of Bitcoin increased 0.6% to Euro € 21,648 in the 24 hours to 8 a.m. Hong Kong time, while Ether gained 2.51% to € 16,71, the highest gainer.
- The two largest tokens are still attempting to recover from a slump that has seen Bitcoin fall 11% in the last seven days. In the same period, Ether is down more than 13% ahead of the upcoming Merge of its blockchain.
- All other tokens in the top 10 were up less than 1%, with the exception of BNB which slipped 0.1% to € 301. Solana gained 0.6% to € 36.55
- With a price of € 7.68, Polkadot sits just outside the top 10.In the stock market,
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5% on Tuesday, the S& P 500 Index fell 0.2%, and the Nasdaq Composite Index remained unchanged.
- U.S. stocks fell Monday amid concerns about China’s slowing economy, while U.S. interest rates are also a major concern.
- In June, China’s unemployment spending reached a new high of € 5.43 billion, while heat waves and drought caused power outages in hydroelectric-dependent areas. On Monday, the country’s central bank lowered lending interest rates for the second time in a week in an effort to spur economic growth.
Use this link to sign up and start trading with 0% trading fees at Bitdenex Exchange